Saturday 14 April 2018

Tutu Thank You

 Good morning!  Today I'd like to share a thank you card I made for a lovely neighbour who made my daughter's first tutu recently.  Of course I had to put a tutu on it and the Tim Holtz Sewing Room die came in rather handy!
I cut the tailor's dummy from thick brown cardstock and sticky back canvas and cut the canvas to suite the top of a tutu.  All the edges have been inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I used lots of folded tulle to create the tutu. 
I used the buttons and cotton bobbins from the Tim Holtz die too.  The lace is from Craft Heaven and the flowers are from my stash.
 I also used the Magnolia Doohickey sewing machine, cut from black cardstock and kraft cardstock for the bobbin.  I've even threaded it with cotton!
 My favourite 'thank you' die across the centre of the card.  The background paper is from a Magnolia kit.
I used button twine from my stash on the bobbins.
 I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x




1 comment:

sue w. said...

Hi Jane, this is fabulous. Love all the elements you have used and the tutu is wonderful. Love the colours, it has a real vintage feel to it.
Hugs Sue W.