Sunday 9 February 2014

Stempelglede DT - Vintage Valentine Card


Good morning!  I hope you're enjoying your weekend!  I have a Valentine card to share today using two different Stempelglede collections: Grunge Flourish Hearts and Vintage Garden.  I wanted to combine hearts and roses as they're such classic Valentine symbols.
In the centre of my card I have stamped one of the hearts from Grunge Flourish Hearts with Archival ink in Coffee.  I have then stamped the heart again, coloured it with copics and added it to the centre of the original heart on foam pads.
In each corner around the heart I have stamped part of the flower stamps from Vintage Garden so that the roses were the main focus.  Again these are coloured with copics.  I've added some touches of gold to the stamens of the cream flowers with a gel pen.
I have used Martha Stewart Heart Lace punch along the edges of the card and the bottom of the image.  The lace is from The Ribbon Girl and the flowers and ribbon are from my stash.
I also added another collection of flowers and ribbon at the other side of the image.
I stamped the backing paper all over with the flower stamp from Vintage Garden to create a Toile du Jouy effect.  The heart tags were cut with a Magnolia Doohickey die.
I hope you like it and thank you for your visit!
 ♥ 

5 comments:

Ankie vd Polder said...

This is just gorgeous and realy Valentine cards. Hugs, ankie

Louise said...

Oh wow Jane!
No wonder you got picked to be a dt for Stempelglede!! Not the least bit! My gosh, you always rock my socks off because all you do is so lush but this is well…I don't quite know what to say because it seems there are no words to cover it!
STUNNING, STUNNING coloring and amazing deets!! Love it- and i love you too!

Biggest of hugs!

mgoll88 said...

Very wonderfull creation, thats a fantastic effect

LG
Michaela

Dorte said...

Beautiful card, Jane. I have those stamps, but I never uses them....
hugs Dorte

Ribbon Girl said...

Jane that's just beautiful - I've got the vintage garden stamps in a drawer somewhere - I'll have to get them out and have a play with them! Mary x